This practical guidebook, with a beautifully-illustrated storybook, enables teachers, parents and professionals to help children aged 4-12 connect with unresolved feelings affecting their behaviour.
This is a guidebook to help children who:
- hurt, hit, bite, smash, kick, shout, scream or who are out of control, hyperaroused or hyperactive
- can only discharge their angry feelings in verbal or physical attacks, rather than being able to think about and reflect on what they feel are angry because it is easier than feeling hurt or sad
- are locked in anger or rage because of sibling rivalry
- are controlling and punitive
- regularly defy authority or are diagnosed with a conduct disorder
- commit cold acts of cruelty, hurt animals or do not cry any more
- spoil, damage or destroy what others do or make
- create fear in others because they have locked away their own fears
- do not want to please people, cannot trust, have stopped looking for love or approval or truly believe they do not need anyone do not really know how to 'like' someone, and definitely do not know how to love someone or are affectionate only if they want something.
How Hattie Hated Kindness is a story for children locked in rage or hate. Hattie lives by herself on an island. Lots of people try to bring kindness to Hattie, but each time she is very horrid to them, smashing and spoiling everything they try to do for her. So after a while they all stop trying and Hattie is very alone. With the help of the lapping water-over-her-toes, Hattie understands that because she'd been a very sad and frightened little girl in a too hard world, she had become hard too, so that the awful fear and the awful pain would go away.
Each part of set can be purchased separately- pls email website to confirm prices