The Grammar 3 Handbook follows on from The Grammar 2 Handbook, revising, consolidating and extending the teaching from The Grammar Handbook 2:
• 36 structured grammar lessons.
• 36 spelling and punctuation lessons.
• Develops dictionary and thesaurus skills.
• Improves vocabulary and comprehension.
• Photocopiable activities.
Topics covered are:
- Continues to introduce new grammar elements.
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar Handbooks 1 & 2.
- New spelling patters – tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/.
- Suffixes -‘less’, ‘able’ and ‘ful’.
- Proper adjectives.
- Nouns acting as adjectives.
- Collective nouns.
- Pronouns – possessive/subjective and object.
- The present particle and the continuous tenses.
- Subject and object in a sentence.
- Questions and exclamations in speech.