Numicon: Number, Pattern and Calculating 6 Teaching Pack contains:
The Numicon Number, Pattern and Calculating 6 Teaching Pack comprises a Teaching Resource Handbook and an Implementation Guide for teachers of children aged 10-11. The pack provides step-by-step activities and practice, with planning support and assessment opportunities, alongside advice on how best to implement Numicon in your school.
- Numicon is research-based and proven to have a significant and lasting impact on results.
- The Teaching Resource Handbook provides step-by-step activities for developing children's understanding of pattern, algebra, number and calculating.
- The activities are supported by practical planning and assessment opportunities, as well as milestones to help track progress through the year.
- Also included are photocopy masters, activities to prepare children for formal testing and a series of investigations.
- 'Low threshold, high ceiling' activities allow you to differentiate for every child in your class through the same activity group.
- Activities are supported by easy to follow instructions and clear illustrations. A list of the concrete objects used to support learning are provided at the start of each activity.
- Activities in the Teaching Resource Handbook have been extensively trialled with teachers and children; all activity groups come from real classroom experience.
- The Implementation Guide offers guidance on what Numicon is and advice on how best to implement Numicon in your school.