Our Times Tables book is suitable for those aged about 7 and upwards. The book is designed to appeal to all age ranges and has been used for adult basic skills. The clear language and repetition benefits students with dyslexia and those with English as an Additional language. Students with dyscalculia benefit from the highly structured approach with clear explanations. .
- Age range – from 7 to basic adult numeracy
- Special needs – Dyslexia, Dyscalculia
- Can be used as a stand alone or in conjunction / following on from Power of 2.
How is the book used?
Full instructions and example pages are included in each book, but essentially Times Table requires that each question is answered correctly on three consecutive occasions on different days. When a question is answered correctly a tick should be placed on the line, a question answered incorrectly is marked with a dot. On each page of the book there is space for working out solutions, but students should be encouraged to carry out the calculations in this book without using pen and paper. It is not intended that certain pages should be used in isolation. Times Tablehas been found to work best when it is used 4 or 5 times a week, with each session lasting for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repetition through each question is being answered correctly on three different occasions
- Questions to be answered on different days
- Achievements through tangible success
- Students encouraged to do calculations mentally